Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Easter it's Easter it's Easter!!!!!!!

Wow, I am so excited right now. I mean I was excited all night during the Easter Vigil but now I'm literally shaking I'm so excited and hyper and HAPPY! Easter is such a holy and joyous time.
And sorry if I get "religious" for those of you who aren't - but this is my faith, and I can't express my joy without telling you WHY.
"Christ the Lord is risen today - Alleluiah
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!"
( http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh302.sht )
I find it quite ridiculous how commercialized Easter has become. Many people only look forward to it for the candy and chocolate bunnies -and YES, those ARE a huge part of Easter! 40 days of fasting leads to great love of everything sweet! But many seem to stop there, never looking into the true reasons for rejoicing. The most holy and beautiful season for all Christians has somehow become as commercialized and depreciated ones of all time. People look more forward to Christmas than they do to Easter, yet the only reason Christ was born was so that He may die and rise again for US!!
The Easter Triduum are the three holiest days of the year - beginning on Holy Thursday and extending until Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday. It really saddens me that on Good Friday - the most mournful day of all - THE GROCERY STORES WERE OPEN. Seriously. Who needs to shop for toilet paper on that particular day? As if peoples' groceries can't wait till the day after. Does nobody care? Don't they know how that day changed the world forever?! How can you celebrate the Resurrection without first acknowledging His death? It's not even logical.
Anyway. Just my two cents worth. I'm going to go eat my chocolate bunny now.

No comments:

Post a Comment